Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Trevor Immelman Wants to Dunk a Basketball

Walter Shurden tells this story:

Trevor Immelman, the South African golfer won the Master’s Tournament this year (2008) in Augusta.

Immelman is also a big NBA fan. After winning the Green Jacket in Augusta, he visited Madison Square Garden for a basketball game. There he met the Boston Celtics big three, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett. Each enjoys golf.

Golf champions are often surprised at how much other athletes would love to be golfers. When asked if that was the case, 5 foot 9 inch Immelman laughed and said, “I’d like to be able to dunk a basketball. We each want some of the other person’s talent, I guess.”

Talent Envy:

“I wish I could speak like . . . .”
“I wish I had the courage of . . . .”
“I wish I had the compassion of . . . .”
“I wish I had the insight of . . . .”

Shurden concludes “None of us has it all! ...We need each other…”

Dr. Geoff Pound

Image: Trevor Immelman